Friday, January 19, 2024

Slingshot

 I have always said that the heart of the Singapore Sling is the Benedictine and the cherry brandy. But what if you don't have any Benedictine (honestly, I use B&B, but close enough)? Or what if you have Benedictine, but it's across the room and you're too lazy to go get it? But you do have something else close at hand?

You make a Singapore Sling variation. I happened to have the Licor 43 out, so I used it in place of the Benedictine. 

1/2 oz. Licor 43

1/2 oz. cherry infusion

1 oz. triple sec

1 oz. lime juice

2 oz. gin

It was pretty good actually. Recognizably different, but also recognizable as a Singapore sling variant. A family resemblance, say. 

Then I tried it with Galliano, instead of the Benedictine/Licor 43,  because I wanted to see what would happen. It was fine - a little further off the mark due to the licorice, but still tasty. 

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's easy to make delicious cocktails. There's a wide range of liquors, liqueurs, juices, etc. that go together well. No need to get precious, just try it and enjoy!

No comments: