Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Berry Cosmo

Not too many cocktail recipes lately. Sorry. Here's a quick one.

I'm moving out at some point, so I need to clean up the liquor cabinet. I have a few infusions in the freezer, including:
  • Fresh strawberry
  • Fresh raspberry: a good way to preserve those delicate berries
  • Blueberry: made from dried blueberries, a.k.a. Maine caviar
I mixed them all together to get a dark purple-scarlet potion - vodka with berry flavors, with no water or sugar added. Very nice in a shot glass, but I feel like something else.

Berry-Infused Cosmo

1 shot berry-infused vodka
1 oz. lime juice
1 oz. triple sec.

Shake over ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

1 comment:

DW said...

Sensei,
I have just gone through all posts with Triple Sec, Cointreau or Curacao in them. I was hoping to find the answer to this question:

Are they completely (or virtually) interchangeable?

I see at http://coolbev.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.htmlthat they are substitutable...