Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Margaritas

I promised cocktail recipes, didn't I?

Second-Best Margaritas
(Yours are probably better, or the ones in that restaurant you like, but other than those, these are the second best)

Juice of 1 lime
1 spoon sugar
1/2 jigger triple sec
1 jigger Tequila

Shake and serve in a salt-rimmed glass up or over ice.

Substitutions:
  • 1/2 jigger bottled lime or lemon juice instead of fresh
  • Simple syrup instead of granulated sugar. But I've found that the proper amount of sugar is just what will dissolve in the cold drink. There should be some undissolved sugar left in the shaker.
  • Cointreau or Grand Marnier for triple sec. Blue Curacao makes nice blue margaritas, but they taste about the same
  • For tequila, I recommend the cheapest brand that costs more than Cuervo. Patron Silver makes a great tequila, but it's kind of a waste. High-priced tequilas should be sipped solo, not poured in mixed drinks.
Enjoy, and let me know your recipe.

No comments: