Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Introduction

Hi, I'm Beveridge D. Spenser, your host and sometimes bartender. I hope we'll have many happy weeks together on this, my blog.

My idea is to post my thoughts on the movies I watch each week on Netflix, with a few cocktail recipes thrown in. You see, I'm a little obsessed with my Netflix queue - always trying to get the perfect mix. Ideally, I like to watch a movie on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. I like to have a mix of classic, contemporary and campy, or action, romance and comedy. I plan my 3 picks carefully, with cross-resonating themes, callbacks, and intertextuality. So I want to share.

I like comedies, preferably old, preferably screwball (Bringing Up Baby!). I like action, preferably with some comedy (Jackie Chan!). Even film noir can be funny. I just saw the Maltese Falcon in a theater, and the audience kept cracking up. Maybe I'll say more about my tastes, maybe they will become apparent as I go along.

Finally, why the blog? I'm hoping you, the reader, will find a new film to watch or a new way to appreciate a film. More than that, I hope you'll comment and tell me a new film to watch. So welcome, and don't be shy.

No comments: