Monday, October 2, 2023

Where We're At

Since I just finished posting the last Netflix DVD that I got in the mail and returned, I thought I'd check in to say where I'm at and what's up with this blog.

First of all, the blog will go on (yay?). I will keep watching movies, streaming and DVD/blu-ray. I will get them from streaming services, from the library, I'll buy some new and used, and so forth. From now on, I'll link only to Lettrboxd, because it's more or less stable and widely used. Links to my local library or even Movies Unlimited aren't that useful, I would guess. Although, I thought that Netflix links would last, and they will all be broken soon. (Wonder if I could fix that algorithmically.)

I've already gotten a few of the "up to ten" DVDs from Netflix that I do not have to send back. When I get the rest, I'll do a post on that. I picked a mix of classics that I have always wanted to own and a couple of unseen movies that I hope will be classics. 

I feel like losing Netflix is going to disrupt my orderly and enjoyable film watching. I had a process, a queue, and 2-3 DVDs delivered each week that I had to watch. Now, it's a lawless dystopia, scrambling every week to find movies to watch catch-as-catch-can. But I have learned (when Star Trek, the Original Series went off the air) that nothing lasts forever, and one must learn to accept and move on. 

Well, this blog might last forever, but I may need to change the masthead. 

No comments: