Sunday, September 17, 2023

Slow Hand Clap

Yeah, I know he's an asshole, but I saw a little of Eric Clapton: Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 (2010) (or something like it) in a bar once, and thought I'd get it for background music. I only watched the first hour or so, but it was pretty good. 

The first sections concentrated on slide guitar, which I tend to love. We got Robert Cray playing with Derek Trucks and Robert Randolph, with Hubert Sumlin setting the mood. Also, Sonny Landreth, Jimmy Vaughn, and Joe Bonamassa, in various combinations. As they moved out of slide, Keb, Mo, Stefan Grossman, Gary Clark Jr., and even John Mayer.

We also get Sheryl Crow doing a few. I have a joke, "I hate all the crow bands, you know, Counting Crows, Black Crows, Sheryl Crow" - I dined out on that one for years. And I don't like Sheryl Crow, but I heard her doing covers of Blind Faith and other classic rocker songs, and I have to admit, she's suited to it.

So around here I ran out of time and had to send the 2-disc set back to Netflix. So there's a lot here, and I like a lot of it. I didn't care about ZZ Top much, but have no complaints about them. Ans of course, Clapton has always been an asshole, but he's got pretty good taste in the blues. Worth watching. 

No comments: