Monday, June 25, 2018

Broadsides and Battle Droids

OK, I've seen Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005). That brings me up to date on the prequels.

You know, I'm not going to say much about this. It isn't a great movie, although it may be the best of the prequel trilogy. The tale of Anakin's fall and Vader's rise never worked for me - I couldn't see the psychology. But I do want to say one thing:

George Lucas does great space battles. There are several in this movie, and they mostly look like they could be gracing the cover of a paperback I really want to read. The scene with two cruisers passing at close range and exchanging broadsides was great - right out of a classic pirate movie. Of course, the tactic makes no sense in space, but who cares? It looks great.

I was about as excited over the big fight on the lava planet as I was over the similar fight in Jupiter Ascending. I don't remember much else about the movie. But I might even watch this again - maybe even the whole trilogy - just because of the visuals and space battles.

No comments: