Sunday, March 6, 2016

Bubble Economy

Because Ms. Spenser is a very popular girl, people give her things. For example, a couple gave her some bubbly wine that they didn't need. So I now have three bottles of prosecco and a bottle of Dom Perignon 2004.

Now, the DP is obviously the prize here. At 12 years, I think we'd better drink it as soon as possible, but we want to wait for an Occasion. I have no scruples about the prosecco - I also don't mind mixing it into a cocktail. Since I had the ingredients around, I made a French 76 variation: an Aviation with a bubbly topper:

French Aviator

1/2 oz Maraschino
1 oz lime juice
1/2 oz Creme de Violette
2 oz gin

Stir over ice, strain into flute.
Top with sparkling wine

These are pretty lethal. I recommend no more than one before 3:00 PM.

2 comments:

Mythical Monkey said...

I've had the Aviator (in my own kitchen) and like it a lot, and I like champagne more than anything, but I've never combined the two -- definitely going to try this one.

Beveridge D. Spenser said...

Have you had a French 75? 1 shot gin or brandy, 1/2 oz. lemon juice, 1/2 oz. simple syrup (or triple sec!), top with bubbly. Then you can get creative with the ingredients...