Monday, April 7, 2014

Rock Me Amadeus

Wow, is Amadeus (1984) really 30 years old? It must be, since Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" novelty hit was pure 80's music. I guess we first saw it when it came out, but this time we watched the 3-hour director's cut.

In our house, this film is iconic. "Too many notes, your majesty" is a common catch-phrase around here. We've been listening to a little classical music lately - it keeps the dog calm. So we decided to watch Amadeus again.

Well, I'd say it was as good as we remembered. I don't have anything especially interesting to say about it, other than the music is awesome, and I kind of wish there'd been more of it. The new footage doesn't seem to be really necessary; I remember the old version as tighter, more to the point.

1 comment:

mr. schprock said...

I re-watched "Amadeus" last year and it seemed even better than how I remembered it.

Speaking of the song, don't forget The Simpsons' using it for their Planet of the Apes musical: "Dr, Zaius, Dr. Zaius..."