Saturday, September 3, 2011

40 Days over Tokyo

As I mentioned previously, I am now in Tokyo. I will be here a total of 40 days, plus or minus. I will not be watching Netflix during that time. So (I ask myself), what happens to the blog?

Well, I've still got a backlog of movies I haven't discussed. (I never mentioned the we saw Inception - I figured, what can I say?) I can still write about cocktails, although I doubt I'll be visiting any classic cocktail lounges here. I've been doing short restaurant reviews on Facebook just to pass the time - convert to foodie blog?

Maybe I'll go with the ever popular free-form, whatever's-on-my-mind Bill Needle from SCTV kind of thing. Actually, I think I'd rather go on hiatus.

But I haven't used up all of my material yet, so don't go away. And who knows? Maybe I'll start reviewing Kabuki.

Update: I'd be remiss if I mentioned Kabuki without linking to the MST3K Japanese Theater Sketch.

1 comment:

mr. schprock said...

Do posts on the first movie you ever saw, the first drive-in movie you ever saw, the first movie you saw with just your friends (no Mom and Dad), the coolest movie theatre you've ever been to and what you saw there, how you remember certain movies and speculate on what you might think of them now (i.e., Yellow Submarine, Mary Poppins, 2001 A Space Odyssey, etc.). Not so much the movies themselves, but the whole experience of them.

And what the hell . . . give us your take on Kabuki, too.