Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Love a Swing Parade

You know, I love old musicals, comedies and the Three Stooges shows. How could a movie that is all three be bad? Trust me, it is. What could make it better? Commentary by Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I give you: RiffTrax: Swing Parade.

It is the usual story of an aspiring singer, and wannabe nightclub owner, and the Stooges who love them. It's remarkably reminiscent of Dancing Lady, but dumber. On the upside, we have Ed Brophy as the Stooges boss, and Louis Jordan, king of jump blues doing a number with neon lined instruments, which must have been dangerous.

On the downside, there is no swing parade, and precious little swing.

The boys do their best to liven this up, but the quipping really doesn't help ease the pain much. I'd say this is for hardcore lovers of musicals, comedies and the Three Stooges.

No comments: