Another is to develop a series of cocktails, with each one made by adding ingredients to the previous drink. So far, I've only invented one. It goes like this:
- Take 4 shots (~8 oz) of good tequila - We like Don Patron Reposado
- Pour 1 shot into a snifter. This is the first cocktail: Tequila shot
- Pour the remaining 3 shots of tequila into a shaker of ice containing 3 oz triple sec and 3 oz fresh lime juice. Shake.
- Pour 4 oz into a salt rimmed glass. That's the second cocktail: Margarita
- Add the remaining 2 margaritas (8 oz) to 6-8 frozen mango juice ice cubes in a blender. Blend.
- Pour half into a highball glass rimmed with Baby Lucas sweet-and-sour mango candy powder (sounds exotic, but pretty common in our neck of the woods). That's the third cocktail: Frozen Mango Margarita
- Finally, pour the last eight oz of frozen mango margarita into a large champagne flute and top with sparkling wine: Mango Margarita Sparkler