Saturday, September 22, 2007

Motherfucking Snakes on a Motherfucking Plane

Yes, I finally got a chance to watch that motherfucking movie. It was almost as awesome as I had expected it to be. That is - very bad and very funny. On the plus side, Samuel L. Jackson. What a work of art his face is. The rest of the cast of unknowns (to me, anyway) were more or less competent. Many of them were pretty in a shallow way, like they were supposed to be unsympathetic. Maybe that was the idea, but even Mercedes, the Paris Hilton type with the chihuahua, came off pretty well.

As for funny, there are very few outright jokes. But when the gay flight attendant tosses a snakes into the microwave, he presses the button marked "SNAKE". Okay, I just gave away the best gag in the film.

What I didn't expect was that there were no motherfucking snakes in the motherfucking movie. All CGI. If there was one motherfucking real snake, I missed it. Which makes it a worse movie than Anaconda, even when you factor in Ice Cube v. Samuel L. Jackson. At least that had some motherfucking real snakes it.

No comments: